Tuesday, November 24, 2015

"Biggest Win of My Life"

At the Season Finale of the Omega Billiards Tour, one of the good players who plays regularly on the Tour came up to the tournament table to give the result of his match. 

He gives me the score (he won 7-4) and then leans in towards me whispering (and kinda nervous-acting, but very happy), "That was the biggest win of my life.  Wow."

I look glance at the chart to see who he had been playing and he just defeated one of our top players on the tour, a local player who has lived in the area for years.

He continued, "I have so much respect for him.  So much.  I've admired him for years."

I replied, "That's a great win."

He shared, "I can't believe it.  I am shaking!"

It was so cool to hear the happiness from this player, as he reflected right after his big win - pretty much defeated one of the most respected top players in the area that he's known for years and years.

It was a really sweet moment that I was lucky enough to hear.



No comments: