Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Humbling Weekly Tourney

I played in my first weekly tourney in prolly over 6-9 months last Friday.

Boy, was it ever so humbling.

And, it was just what I needed, tho!

No reason to *think* I'm playing well. 

We need to test ourselves every now and then to see if we are really playing as well as we think we are, or not.

This weekly tourney told me a few things about my myself and my game:
  • I still get nervous
  • I play different when I'm surrounded by people I don't feel comfortable around
  • I was making rookie mistakes b/c I was uncomfortable
  • I was sad I was reverting back to bad habits (even though I told myself on the way there to stay down and take my time)
  • I did not take my time
  • I still do not mentally handle well playing against slow players
  • Short races against good players should be on my mind (it wasn't) to keep me focused
  • I need to remember to have fun (I did not have fun nor cared less if I was there after a very short period time)
Although the night of play ended up pathetic, it was a GOOD thing I experienced all of these "bad" reminders to get my mind and pre-shot routine BACK in the game.


1 comment:

Babylon Brother said...

I hope this experience will not deter you from joining the gang again soon on Friday or Saturday nights. You know you are welcome. And it's likely the only time some of us will get to see you.