Tuesday, October 21, 2014

How You Walk Away From the Table

I was talking to one of my friends last weekend and she told me something very interesting that I wanted to share.

We were playing against each other in the team event of the ACS Texas State Tourney, but we both appreciate each other's game so much.

For some reason, we were talking about how people act after they lose or win.  I don't even know how or why it came up, and we discussed it before we started our game (not after the game or match).

She told me, "I walk away from the table like I won, even if I lost.  No one knows the difference.  And they have to ask me if I won or not."

She doesn't like to be a sore loser or look like a sore loser.

She complimented me how I handle myself well when I lose.  I normally always smile when I shake my opponents hand, even if I lose.  But I thought her comment above was pretty profound:  "I walk away from the table like I won, even if I lost."


No comments: