Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Beauty of Online Brackets

I am playing in singles event of the BCAPL Texas State 8-Ball Championships this week (along with scotch and teams).

After I won my 3rd round match 4-2, my opponent says to me "I wonder when I play next?"

I confided I didn't know.  I knew I played in about 30 minutes, but wasn't sure of her next time (because I didn't look at the one-loss side times).

She says, "Well, I better check right now in case it's soon."

I was putting my cues up and collecting my stuff and noticed she didn't get up to check the brackets on the other side of the room.


She was on her phone.

I said, "OMG what are you doing?"

"I'm looking up the time online on my phone so I don't have to walk all the way over there."

LMAO.

Clever girl!

As I walked down the aisles the last couple of days in the Convention Center in Temple, Texas, I've actually seen MANY players looking at brackets on their phones .  

It's pretty cool actually!


No comments: