Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Stay Away Please

On my way to the hotseat match at the BCAPL Texas State 8-Ball Championships, I walk by a friend of mine from the Fort Worth area.

While he is a friend, he has also always rubbed me the wrong way and judges my play.  He used to comment about my mistakes after matches.  I call him "Straighty" in this blog entry I wrote about 2 years ago.

As I walk by him he says, "when do you play Tracie?"

"Right now,"

"Oh really?"

"Yep" as I keep walking.

I think to myself, "OMG please DO NOT come watch us play."

I would be too worried about what I'm doing wrong in front of him and what he would say to me later, instead of playing my game.

Luckily, he didn't watch.  Whew.

I was safe.

It's amazing how much certain people can affect us so negatively when we play when we have had bad history/experiences with them. 


No comments: